Thursday 19 September 2013

Recently, I have been researching ways in which I could structure the 1000 word essay to go alongside my documentary and have had little success in finding a project which has a similar theme to mine, which in a sense is a good way as it shows originality. I did find an example of an essay of how the english language has affected the german language and simply referred to it in a structural sense. What I find interesting about the following example is the amount of references at the bottom of the page; this is the same with every page in the document as well. There have evidently been an extremely wide variety of resources used to create the document and so references have been placed at the bottom of the page to keep them in order as appose to a meaningless list in a bibliography at the end of the document.

In addition I have also been looking towards ways in which I can select a question which is open for description, argument and discussion which isn't closed or straight forward. I found the following document quite useful as it gives examples of questions and critically analyses them to pick out how it could be improved and whether it would be worth persuing. It gives me an understanding of how to select a question for my project that will have endless limitations and stimulate an essay that will tick all the criteria that will present me with a good grade.

My next step is to read up on the books I have purchased surrounding the history of rugby and to finally meet Mr.Condliffe and discuss the structure for a documentary and settle on a good project title.

No comments:

Post a Comment