Wednesday 6 November 2013

Recently I have been attempting to contact past rugby players which could be of use to my project in a sense of providing first person information. Unfortunately I have had little luck because I have sent several messages to players' websites and their twitters but have only recieved one reply from a man named Matt Hampson, who was only a last resort really because his career was after the icon event which I am researching, but he was still worth a message because of how active he is. I have been pestering him since about how I could possibly contact other players but to no use as he seems to be unable to contact them or have ways in which I could so it's back to step one for me really.
It appears extremely difficult for me because I am messaging legendary rugby players who played top flight rugby but they obviously have very busy lives now with motivational speaking and commentating over games etc. Perhaps in the future I will need to aim alot lower at players who were not international or well known but would be willing to answer the same questions as more famous players.
My research is going... average because there isn't really anything else I need to know, there may not even be anything else to know, I guess I will find out when it comes to planning my final piece; but before that I will need to produce a gant chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment